Wednesday 27 April 2016

Magic Matchbox for Polkadoodles

Hello again peeps.

 
I'm back with another Polkadoodles sample - this one is using the Magic Garden CD, which includes a template for a Matchbox.

As soon as I saw the template I knew what I wanted to make with it - Craftwork Cards brought out a kit last year to make matchboxes with pop-up flowers, and I've been dying to make one myself.

 I printed off a few matching papers from the CD onto 250gsm white card and then printed the Matchbox Template onto the back of two of them. I made up the outer part of the matchbox with the red stitchy paper, some flowers cut out with my Craft Robo and the first half of one of the lovely sentiments. The 'sun' is just one of the flower centres enlarged and cut out.


The inner tray was made with the white floral pattern and lined with the green gingham (yee ha!). I've added a brad from my stash so you can pull the tray out easily.


I then cut some strips of acetate, folded them in half lengthways and glued on lots more of the flowers. These are then attached to the inside of the tray so they can fold flat.

So, pull the tray out a little for a sneaky peek ...


 ... and then a bit further to reveal the rest of the sentiment. Ta da!


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
The Ribbon Girls Use any image
Inspiration Destination  #83 Always Anything Goes
Creative Artiste Challenge #13 "Anything Goes" with an option to use any of "Chipboard, Stencils or Flowers"
Paper Creator's Crafts #46 Polka Dots or Gingham
Kitty Bee Designs #70 - April Showers bring May Flowers 
Not Just Cards  #30 Anything Goes (Always)
Going Grey With Scrap-Creations Spring/Flowers

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x


11 comments:

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!
have a nice day
hugs!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Jane Savage said...

Another brilliant make, Katrina! Must try to make one of these....not too sure I'd have the patience though especially if all those cute flowers refused to go back inside the box!! lol xxx

Chris said...

Love this Katrina, such a fabulous project!
Chris
x

Sarah said...

You are SO clever!! This looks really lovely, such an inspirational post xx

Tracy Welham said...

What fun - such a clever idea! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Carole Pollard said...

Such patience this is a very special box so clever its a delight Love and hugs Carole x

Gina's Cards said...

What a gorgeous magic matchbox! I love the design and gorgeous papers. Thank you for joining us at the Ribbon Girls, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Michelle said...

This is so sweet. Lovely the idea and I like the sentiment.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
Good luck in the draw, Michelle (DT)

Anonymous said...

Amazing !! This is awesome x

My Scrap Pages and Cards said...

How cute is this, very clever idea. Love it
thanks for joining our challenge over at
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
Debbie DT

Wheelie Crafty said...

Sweet and clever idea, the sentiment is cute.. Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk